No matter what people have said, no matter what they are saying - this is happening right now, and it's exciting as hell. The debate and excitement building up to this moment today was so amusing. People were debating at work about who would be the last torchbearer. One person piped up and said it would probably not be a person, volunteering the outlandish theory that it would be a panda. Amidst the laughter, someone joked that it'd be two men in a huge panda costume, finally revealed to be Hu Jintao and Zhu Rongji.
The imagination on these kids these days, honestly.
It's amazing, though, seriously, the amount of excitement in the Nest. Even the opening skits and programmes seemed like a never-ending parade of wonders upon wonders, with astonishing patterns and panoramas. I have to say I'm a little disappointed I'll never get to make good on my promise, to stand outside on ChangAn Avenue with sign that says "70 人民币/小时 翻译", "10 USD/HOUR TRANSLATION", and "6.5 EURO/HEURE TRADUISER". Although I'm really tempted. There's still time, and I could just do it for like one day...
(Don't look at me like that, it's a REASONABLE FEE for translation. Only I feel like a pure idiot because I recently had an opportunity to practice my French, and it's lacking, to say the least.)
The Olympics, in conclusion, are kind of exciting.
订阅:
博文评论 (Atom)

没有评论:
发表评论