2008年6月25日星期三

6.25. 'my style of dancing is too fast for this song'

I'm too asdfjkl tired to actually write this entry. Right this minute, I'm waiting for my cousin to get out of the shower so I can just go and brush my teeth and go to sleep, because this shit is ridiculous. Today was not the most satisfactory of days... I lost two hours to rereading "The Blue Castle," had a semi-confidence losing meeting with the people at Tsinghua, and ate too freaking much seafood. And to boot, didn't have the most exciting of first swing dance nights in Beijing.

I mean, the guy was not intentionally rude, or purposefully stupid, but "my style of dancing is too fast for this song" is probably the lamest excuse you can pull for not dancing to a particular song. It happened to be "Beyond the Sea" too, which isn't like "Fever"-slow, so I don't know what this guy was yammering about. He made it sound like a 50 bpm song. Goddamn. Also, it's just a horrible dancing habit, to pigeonhole yourself into a particular "type" of dance, or something. You can have a favorite, but as a lead, you can't eschew slower songs. He didn't even dance lindy, which, I don't know, if it's the only dance you do, you might not be too into the slow songs, yeah. But it just left a slightly bad taste in my mouth. You should always extend your range, I think, and learn more, and dance with more styles. Lindy hop, Charleston, East Coast, West Coast, Balboa... there's so much to learn, and it was just that it was a quiet kind of evening, where four couples on the floor was the most you'd see. And I miss Chicago. A lot.

Okay, enough whining for one evening. Maybe tomorrow I'll be in a better mood, and actually remember that today was kinda nice. For now, beeeeed.

2 条评论:

Thanh 说...

Trying to figure out what to click to comment was so confusing, I forgot what I was going to say. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE IN CHINA, OMG. Take lots of pictures!

Claire 说...

"And I miss Chicago"--

sooo, can we make a pact that we actually spend time together next year when we get both come back for winter quarter???(!)